Black coffee can heal if consumed the right way. Yes, you heard it right. Drinking black coffee has numerous health benefits as it is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients. When it comes to coffee, most people have a mixed reaction to the alluring black water. While most of us can’t even think of beginning our day’s work without enjoying a steaming cup of black coffee, many health conscious people strictly stay away from it because of the rumoured disadvantages of coffee. In reality, the numerous health benefits of black coffee outweigh the disadvantages. Black coffee contains Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), Niacin (Vitamin B3), Magnesium, Manganese and Potassium. Black coffee does contains caffeine and taking caffeine in large doses can be harmful to health. The safe level of caffeine is between 200 to 300 milligrams per day which comes up to 2 to 4 cups of coffee. In this article, we present to you the top 10 health benefits of black coffee and the most popular coffee joints around the world where you can enjoy the best quality coffee. Let’s have a look at some of the most important health benefits of drinking black coffee.
Health Benefits of Black Coffee
23 Amazing Health Benefits of Drinking Black Coffee
Coffee is extremely healthy, and is loaded with powerful antioxidants and nutrients which makes it one of the healthiest of beverages loved by people all over the world.
Drinking Black Coffee
1. Improve Performance During Workouts – One of the biggest benefits of black coffee is that it drastically improves physical performance and helps you give your 100% throughout strenuous workout sessions. Caffeine, present in black coffee, increases Epinephrine (Adrenaline) levels in the blood, which prepares the body for intense physical exertion. Caffeine also breaks down stored body fat and releases the fat cells into the blood stem in the form of free fatty acids which can be used as fuel for strenuous activities. Caffeine can enhance physical performance by almost 11 to 12% on an average. It is suggested to consume a cup of strong coffee about 30 minutes before hitting the gym.
Promotes Weight Loss – Coffee can be used as one of the functional natural remedies for weight loss that shows prompt results. Caffeine has been shown to boost the metabolism rate of the body by 3 to 11%. It also stimulates the nervous system which signals the fat cells in the body to break down stored body fat which is then used up by the body as a source of energy during exercise as opposed to glycogen.
2. Helps reduce weight
Caffeine and other compounds found in black coffee also act as an appetite suppressant and prevent unhealthy cravings in a successful manner.
3. Controls Diabetes – One of the most effective benefits of drinking black coffee on a daily basis is that helps in providing protection against diabetes mellitus – one of the widely prevalent chronic diseases which can further lead to heart diseases, nerve damage and organ damage. Research shows that subjects who consumed 7 or more cups of black coffee every day have a lower incidence of diabetes compared to those who drank 2 or fewer cups every day. Coffee helps control diabetes by improving insulin production and enhancing insulin sensitivity of the cells. Both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee is beneficial for management and prevention of diabetes.
4. Improved Cardiovascular Health – One of the lesser-known advantages of drinking coffee is improved cardiovascular health. Although regular consumption of black coffee can increase blood pressure temporarily, this effect diminishes over time. It is often considered one of the most functional home remedies for heart health. Drinking 1 to 2 cups of black coffee per day reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
5. Reduce the Risk of Cancer – Cancer has emerged as one of the biggest killers in today’s world. The health benefits of black coffee for cancer prevention are well-known. The compounds in coffee help prevent certain types of cancer such as liver cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer and rectal cancer. The polyphenols and powerful antioxidant phytochemicals present in coffee possess potent anticarcinogenic properties which help reduce inflammation, which is one of the main causes behind the growth of certain tumors.
6. Improved Brain Functions – Progressing age leads to decreased cognitive functions and increases the risk of dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Enhancing brain functions is one of the most useful benefits of black coffee in the morning. Regular consumption of coffee is linked to slower cognitive decline associated with aging. Although following a healthy and balanced diet chart and regular exercises is the best way to prevent neurodegenerative diseases, forming the healthy habit of drinking coffee also helps lower the risk of Alzheimer’s disease by 65% and Parkinson’s disease by 60%.
7. Beneficial for The Liver – The liver is one of the most vital organs of the body which performs so many important functions, and your liver loves black coffee. Black coffee not only helps prevent liver cancer but also other common diseases like hepatitis, fatty liver diseases and cirrhosis – specifically alcoholic cirrhosis. People who drink 4 or more cups of black coffee every day have 80% lower risk of developing liver diseases. Coffee helps lower the levels of harmful liver enzymes in the blood, which means there is a lower level of liver inflammation and damage.
8. Reduces Stress and Depression – Excessive work pressure and tension leads to stress and depression and increases the risk of serious health issues like heart attack, stroke and also increases the risk of suicide. But a steaming cup of black coffee can give an instant mood lift and make things better. Caffeine present in coffee stimulates the central nervous system and increases the production of serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline – important neurotransmitters that elevate the mood. Drinking 2 cups of black coffee a day helps to reduce stress and depression, and it works as effectively as relaxing yoga and tai chi techniques.
9. Protection Against Gout – Yet another amazing benefit of black coffee is its capacity to reduce the risk of developing gout. Research shows that women who drank more than 4 cups of black coffee every day had 57% reduced risk of gout, and this is true for both regular and decaffeinated coffee. The powerful antioxidants present in coffee reduce the risk of developing gout by decreasing the level of insulin and uric acid in the body. It helps relieve the swelling, pain and stiffness of joints associated with gout.
10. Reduces the Risk of Skin Cancer – This is perhaps the one of the greatest benefits of black coffee for skin. Skin cancer or melanoma is a life-threatening disease that is caused by the development of abnormal cells which have the ability to spread to other parts of the body. Caffeine present in black coffee has been shown to lower the risk of developing basal cell carcinoma. Therefore, women are recommended to drink 3 or more cups of coffee a day to reduce the risk of skin cancer.
11. It boosts memory
Increasing age leads to decreased cognitive skills and increased risk of Dementia, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease. Having black coffee in the morning enhances the brain function. Black coffee helps the brain to stay active and thus helps in boosting the memory power. It also keeps the nerves active which in turn keeps dementia at bay. Studies say regular consumption of black coffee reduces risk of Alzheimer’s by 65 per cent and Parkinson’s by 60 per cent.
12. Improves performance during workout
One of the biggest and best benefits of black coffee is that it drastically improves your physical performance and helps you to give your 100 per cent during a workout session. This is the reason why your gym trainer asks you to have black coffee before you come for workout.
It works by increasing Epinephrine (Adrenaline) levels in the blood, which prepares the body for intense physical exertion. It also breaks down stored body fat and releases fat cells into the blood stream in the form of free fatty acids which can be used as fuel for strenuous physical activities.
13. Beneficial for liver
Liver is one of the most vital organs of our body as it performs so many important functions. And did you know your liver loves black coffee? Black coffee helps prevent liver cancer, hepatitis, fatty liver disease and alcoholic cirrhosis. People who drink 4 or more cups of black coffee everyday have 80 per cent lower chances of developing any liver disease. Coffee helps by lowering the level of harmful liver enzymes in the blood.
14. Makes you intelligent
Coffee has a psychoactive stimulant which when reacts with the body, has the ability to improve energy, mood, cognitive functioning and thus makes you smart over a period of time.
15. Cleanses your stomach
Coffee is a diuretic beverage thus it makes you want to urinate often. So, that is why when you drink black coffee without sugar, all the toxins and bacteria are flushed out easily in the form of urine. This helps to clean your stomach.
16. Helps in weight loss
Black coffee helps in rapid weight loss by making you work out more if you have it 30 minutes before you hit the gym. Black coffee helps to boost metabolism by approximately 50 percent. It also burns the fat in the tummy since it is a fat burning beverage. It also stimulates the nervous system which signals the body to break down the fat cells and use them as a source of energy as opposed to glycogen.
17. Improves cardiovascular health
Though drinking black coffee on a regular basis increases the blood pressure temporarily but this effect diminishes over time. Drinking 1 -2 cups of black coffee everyday reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases including stroke. Black coffee also reduces the inflammation level in the body.
18. Powerhouse of antioxidants
Black coffee is the powerhouse of antioxidants. Black coffee contains Vitamin B2, B3, B5, Manganese, potassium and magnesium.
19. Decreases diabetes risk
Drinking black coffee daily helps to reduce the risk of diabetes which in later age can lead to organ damage and heart diseases. It was seen people who drank 2 or less cups of coffee had increased risk of diabetes. Coffee helps in controlling diabetes by increasing insulin production. Both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee help in prevention of diabetes.
20. Makes you age gracefully
Having black coffee without sugar keeps your mind and body young. Black coffee also helps in preventing Parkinson’s disease by boosting the dopamine levels in the body.
21. Reduces risk of cancer
Cancer has become one of the biggest killers in today’s world. The compound in coffee helps in preventing certain types of cancer such as liver, breast, colon and rectal cancer. Coffee reduces inflammation which is one of the main reasons behind the development of tumour.
22. Makes you happy
Drinking black coffee improves your mood and thus makes you happy. It is also one of the best remedies to fight depression. Have 2 cups of black coffee every day to keep depression at bay.
read more benefits Healthy Food Recipe With Chipotle Lentil Get Inpiration This Day
23. Reduces stress and depression
Too much work pressure and tension can lead to depression and stress which in turn can cause many serious health issues. But having a black cup of coffee when you feel tensed or low can boost your mood instantly and make things better. Coffee stimulates the central nervous system and increases the production of dopamine, serotonin, and noradrenaline, important neurotransmitters that elevate the mood. and more you can seen this video about benefits of coffe black
Top 13 Coffee Shop Chains in the World
Tasting and enjoying rich premium coffee is an art that has to be experienced and enjoyed with leisure. Now that you have gathered some idea about the numerous health benefits of drinking black coffee on a daily basis let us know about the best coffee brands and famous coffee shop chains from all around the World where you can enjoy a truly great cup of coffee. And it better be black if you really want to experience the taste in its original form.
What better way to begin our day with one of the world’s most popular coffee chains. Starbucks coffee – the star of the show. Starbucks has a long history of serving pure and excellent quality coffee and delicious coffee-based beverages, and it has shops all over the world, with a few in India as well. Starbucks is an American coffee company that is famous for its hot and cold beverages and the first Starbucks coffee shop opened in the year 1971 in Seattle, Washington.Starbucks Coffee
Some of the best Starbucks coffee flavours you can choose from are Featured Dark Roast, Decaf Pike Place Roast, Pike Place Roast, Clover brewed coffee – all of which are extremely low in calories and the perfect choice for all those health conscious people out there. If you are on the run, then you can just pick up a Coffee Traveler from the takeaway section of the store.
2. Costa Coffee
Costa Coffee is known to serve the best coffee in the world. It is a British multinational coffeehouse company based in Dunstable, England. The coffee used in Costa Coffee comes from its own roastry and the special blend served in the retail store is known as “Mocha Italia” and it is prepared to form a blend of 70% Arabica and 30% Robusta.
3. Costa Coffee
Lovers of black coffee can try the Americano range which presents smooth coffee mixed with shots of espresso and hot water. You can add milk if you want.
McCafé is a famous coffee-house chain owned by burger giant McDonald’s. It started operating in the USA in the year 2001, and presently has numerous shops operating all over the world. Each and every type of coffee reflects a rich and smooth blend of coffee made by their very own barista. You can opt for the plain McCafé Coffee that contains zero calories and zero fats or McCafé Latte that contains 170 calories.
You can indulge in an occasional treat by tasting the McCafé White Chocolate Mocha, McCafé Caramel Mocha, McCafé Frappé Chocolate Chip or the McCafé Iced Mocha.
6. Gloria Jean’s Coffees
Next in the list is Gloria Jean’s Coffees, which is a world famous coffee shops brand that was founded by Gloria Jean Kvetko in Chicago, the USA in the year 1979. Later, two coffee connoisseurs Nabi Saleh and Peter Irvine introduced the brand to Australia. Black coffee lovers can try the classic CAFFÉ AMERICANO (LONG BLACK) which is made from a blend of espresso coffee and hot water.
7. Gloria Jean’s Coffees
It contains merely 6 calories and lees than 0.1 gram of total fat. You can also indulge in the delicious taste of the Gloria Jean specialities such as Caffé Mocha, Mocha Caramel Latté, Irish Nut Crème or White Chocolate Mocha.
8. Coffee Beanery
Coffee Beanery is a Michigan-based chain of coffee shops that operates in the US, US territories, Europe and Asia that was founded in the year 1976. It introduced the term “Speciality Coffee” into the market and provided top quality and exceptional coffee, and it is still true to its commitment to quality.Coffee Beanery
The coffee used to prepare the brews is made from hand-selected beans that are roasted, flavoured and packed at their own warehouse and distribution center. You can taste the Beanery Blend or Beanery Blend Decaf both of which are low in calories and has zero total fat.
9. Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons’ coffee is known as Canada’s favourite coffee, and this coffee chain has the reputation of serving you a “fresh pot” every time without fail – which means you can enjoy freshly brewed coffee every time which has not been sitting in the jugs for hours. It is one of the largest coffee shop chains in the world and was founded in Hamilton, Ontario in the year 1964 by Canadian hockey player Tim Horton and Jim Charade. You can choose your fresh cup of premium coffee from the Original Blend, the New Dark Roast Coffee or the Decaf Coffee.
The Original Blend presents a perfectly balanced, medium-roasted blend, whereas the New Dark Roast Coffee is made from 100% premium blend of Arabica beans roasted with great care. Even the Decaf Coffee is so flavourful that you will think it is regular coffee.
10. Dunkin’ Donuts
Donuts are America’s favourite snack and what better accompaniment for a delicious donut than a cup of steaming coffee? Dunkin’ Donuts is a global doughnut and coffeehouse chain based in Canton, Massachusetts, and it is one of the biggest competitors of Starbucks. Each cup of coffee is made with 100% Arabica coffee beans that are grown, picked and graded as per the strict quality specification of Dunkin’ Donuts.Dunkin’ Donuts
You can relax your senses and get an instant boost of energy by sipping on a cup of freshly brewed black Hot Coffee or Espresso.
11. Caribou Coffee
Caribou Coffee is the second largest coffee chain in the North America, and is spread over 10 countries, specializing in delicious handcrafted espresso. It is a Minnesota-based company founded by John Puckett. The brand is famous as the roaster of its own blends of coffee. You can choose from the classic Espresso, Americano and Iced Americano. The Espresso is smooth and bold with a sophisticated and powerful taste and makes a perfect base for delicious lattes, cappuccinos and espresso-based beverages, and it is exquisite on its own as well. It has only 5 calories.Caribou Coffee
The Americano is made with a blend of rich espresso and hot water which creates a bolder version of the classic brewed coffee and it has zero calories and zero total fat. The Iced Americano is rich espresso combined with water and ice, and it has 5 calories.
12. Tully’s Coffee
Tully’s Coffee is a speciality coffee retailer and whole seller which was founded in the year 1992 in Seattle, Washington, and soon spread all over the world. It is famous for its speciality coffees, espresso and coffee-related supplies. Rumour has it that Tully’s considered the Coffee giant Starbucks as its chief competitor. The freshly roasted coffee made from premium quality beans at Tully’s has a rich, vibrant and smooth taste. Some of the best black coffee options as Tully’s Coffee are Americano, Brewed Coffee and Espresso. The Americano is a bolder version of the classic American coffee made from a shot of espresso infused with hot water.
This procedure creates an intensely complex blend of tastes and aromas. The Brewed Coffee reveals the subtle tastes and characteristics of both the single-origin and blended coffees. Tully’s Espresso is extremely aromatic and full-bodied and can be used as the perfect base of latte and mochas.
13. Lavazza Coffee
Last but not the least is Lavazza Coffee, which is also known as Italy’s favourite coffee. It is a successful coffee giant well-known all over the world. Lavazza is an Italian manufacturer of coffee products founded by Luigi Lavazza in Turin in the year 1895. The business began as a small grocery store, and the business of Lavazza is still administered and managed by the 3rd and 4th generation of the Lavazza family. Lavazza imports coffee beans from various countries around the world like Brazil, Columbia, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Uganda, Indonesia, Vietnam, Untied States and Mexico.Lavazza Coffee
Lavazza supports and promotes sustainable production concerns and has started a sustainable agriculture program in Honduras, Colombia and Peru which aims to improve the quality of coffee as well as the environment and working conditions of the workers working in the coffee plantations. You can choose from the Lavazza classic Espresso or Caffee Americano in order to experience the true taste of Lavazza coffee.
read more natural benefits :
So, choose your favourite coffee brand as per your personal taste and preference and get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the smooth and sophisticated taste of premium black coffee.